Are you ready to make gluten free cinnamon raisin bread? What an appetizing flavor it has and the aroma of cinnamon give a mouth-watering effect to it. I am glad I brought this Breadman BK1050 S bread baking machine home. Since the day I have purchased it, my family including myself have had the pleasure of eating such delicious breads every now and then.
Baking bread was never so easy. I had a bread making recipe at hand which I changed to make it perfect for baking gluten free cinnamon raisin bread using this great machine. My first loaf made through this recipe finished as soon as it came out and it was not only tasty but also soft and fluffy. Thanks to my bread baking machine which has now become one of my favorite appliances. Do you want to taste the same bread? Here is the recipe. Bake it, enjoy the smell of freshly-baked bread and give your family a quality meal.
Recipe for gluten free cinnamon raisin bread:
Serving quantity: you can make 1 loaf using this recipe. 1 loaf can usually be sliced into 14 nice and equal slices.
Things you will need to make the bread:
Apart from the useful bread baking machine, you will need some quality ingredients for baking bread. The name of the ingredients to be added is given below followed by the amount of the ingredient for your ease.
Tip: Make sure you add in the same quantity as mentioned below or else the bread might not turn out to be good.
- Raisins: 2/3 cup or add to taste
- Water : 1 cup
- Eggs : 3 in number and large in size
- Light extra virgin olive oil: ¼ cup
- Non-fate instant dry milk: 3 tablespoons
- Gluten free apple cider vinegar: 1 teaspoon
- Honey or sugar: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: ¾ teaspoon
- Gluten free oat flour: 1 ½ cups
- Potato or corn starch: 1 ½ cups
- Xantham, corn-free or guar gum: 1 tablespoon
- Instant dry yeast: 2 ¼ teaspoons
For creating sweet cinnamon curls in the bread you need:
- Melted butter: 2 tablespoons and some for oiling of the pan
- Brown sugar: 3 tablespoons
- Ground cinnamon: 1 ½ teaspoons
Collect all the ingredients in separate bowls or arrange them as you find it comfortable. This will allow you to simply pick the upcoming ingredient, add it in the pan and avoid missing out even a single item.
Here comes the big recipe:
Procedure to be followed:
- Dealing with the raisins:
Add some raisins in a cup full of water and microwave it for 30 seconds. Let it soak for 5 minutes. Stain and discard all the water and place the raisins on paper towel for drying. For drying them completely, rub them with another paper towel. Once they are dry, add one teaspoon of potato starch in the bowl so that the raisins stick to the dough instead of sinking to the base of the pan.
- Excited much? You are about to take the big step.
Remove the pan from the machine and add water, eggs, oil, non-fat instant dry milk, salt, honey and vinegar in it. Make sure that the paddle is attached.
- Now what you have to do is take another bowl. Whisk oat flour, potato starch, cornstarch, xantham gum and yeast after adding them in the bowl. Keep whisking until the added ingredients have combined properly. Now add this mixture to the pan. It is the dry mixture so you’ll have to distribute it over the liquid ingredients.
We have completed the first stage of baking the bread by adding in all the ingredients we had. What’s coming next is the use of my favorite and best bread baking machine.
- Put the pan in the machine and plug it with the electric supply. The yummy, dried raisins are to be added in the closed extra bin. Now click the menu button and keep pressing it until you have reached option #10. Select it. This option in this machine is for baking gluten free bread.
- Wait for the mixing cycle to begin after 8 minutes of warming up. Remove with the help of spatula the dry flour on the sides of the pan.
- You need to either push the paddle down or remove it when the machine stops after 32 minutes of mixing cycle in the 3 hour cycle. If you want to strictly follow what I do, then remove the paddles.
- It’s cinnamon time! You can add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon at the same time and fold it in the dough to create sweet cinnamon curls.
- Let the machine complete its baking and when it beeps signaling the end of baking, take out the bread and put it on the wire rack for 30 minutes so that it cools down. Once its temperature has fallen, cut it into beautifully equal slices.
- You can use an electric slicer or knife for this purpose. Can you smell the aroma your bread has spread all around the kitchen? Tempting, isn’t it? Serve the bread to your family.
- Don’t forget to freeze the leftover slice bread.
- In case you don’t have a bread baking machine. You can combine all the ingredients thoroughly and add them onto a 9 x 5 loaf pan. When it rises above the pan in an hour at 80 degree F, you can put the pan in a preheated oven (350 degree F). Allow it to bake for half an hour.
- If you want to get good quality bread that is soft, fluffy and at the same time delicious too, then follow the instruction properly. Another thing that aids in baking good bread is the quality of ingredients. Make sure you buy the ingredients of a good brand name.
Once you have arranged everything perfectly, there is no way your bread would turn out to be a disaster.