An hour after my bread baking machine was placed in the kitchen; I took out my recipe book and looked into it for a perfect recipe to make soft and fluffy bread. Everyone in my house was looking forward to nicely balanced flavor bread as it had been months since I baked one owing to the irreparable damage of my previous bread maker. With this new bread baking machine at hand, it was time to spread around the aroma of freshly baked bread.
The recipe turned out to be great like ever and once the bread was finished, everyone craved for more. The loaf seemed good in size and the bread baking machine had given it a perfect color. While slicing the bread with a knife, I could feel how soft and springy it was.
Recipe for making delicious bread:
Nothing is good enough than beginning the day with perfectly baked bread in the breakfast. For you to enjoy the same amazing breakfast including freshly baked bread with a cup of healthy milk, here is what you need to do.
Following is the recipe which I used. Although I made some changes in it while baking my piece of bread but don’t worry, I have added them in this recipe to make sure you get the best outcome.
What should you have at hand?
For this recipe you need a perfect bread baking machine. Whichever company you have opted for your machine, this recipe will work on any of them. Other than this, you’ll need the ingredients mentioned ahead.
Yield: You can bake 1 loaf through this recipe.
Total time required: Around 2 hours and 20 minutes are required to bake this bread.
As we know that bread baking machines can bake 1, 1½ and 2 pounds bread, I have mentioned the required ingredients for each size accordingly.
To make 11/2 – 2 pound bread you need:
- lukewarm water: 1 cup
- lukewarm milk: 1/3 cup
- butter: 3 tablespoons
- King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour: 33/4 cups
- Sugar: 3 tablespoons
- Salt: 11/2 teaspoons
- Active dry yeast or instant yeast: 11/2 teaspoons
To make 1 pound bread you’ll need:
- Lukewarm water: 2/3 cup
- Lukewarm milk: 1/4 cup
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- King Arthur Unbleached All purpose flour: 21/2 cups
- Sugar: 5 tablespoons
- Salt: 11/4 teaspoons
- Active dry yeast/ instant yeast: 1 teaspoon
- Follow the instructions carefully and use the same amount of ingredients to get the best result. Any alteration in the amount could lead to altered results.
- King Arthur unbleached all purpose flour:
Why did I use King Arthur unbleached all-purpose flour? I used it because it is perfect for making bread in all types of bread machines. No one has ever entertained any complaint regarding the texture of bread with this all purpose flour.
This flour is rich in protein which is an essential nutrient and must be added in our daily diet.
I use this flour to make a raised, soft and fluffy loaf which is not only good in its appearance but also full of health benefits.
Procedure to bake the bread:
- The first step is to mix all the ingredients and pour them into the pan of your bread baking machine. You can do it in two ways. Mix ingredient in a separate bowl in the given order and then pour the mixture into the pan or else put the ingredients directly into the machine in the stated order.
Remember: add proper volumes of ingredients.
- Now it’s time to deal with the bread baking machine. Connect its cord with the electric switch and turn it on. Rest the pan with the mixture of the upcoming bread at its place in the machine. Now click on the menu button and keep clicking until you reach the option of baking “basic white bread”. Select it and let the machine work for you.
Meanwhile you can do other chores. Make sure you keep in view the beeping alarms. Once the machine is done baking the bread, it will give you a beep.
- Is it time? Go check your machine, it must be done baking. The aroma of the freshly baked bread must be tempting you.
Now take out the pan and let it cool down for 5 to 10 minutes. Once it’s a bit cool, remove the pan and put the bread on wire for cooling it. Let it rest for 30 minutes and then use the knife to cut it into perfect slices.
- Your bread is ready to eat. Serve it to your family and have fun.
- How sweet you want your bread to be is up to you and this is why you can either reduce or increase the amount of sugar you’re adding in it.
- You can add some dry milk powder in it if you want to give the bread a creamy flavor.
- Want to add some glaze in it?
You need powdered sugar (to taste), 2 tablespoon milk and ½ teaspoon lemon extract. Mix them in a small bowl and once your loaf is out of the machine, apply it on top of it to give it an additional good taste.
- Once you are done with baking, clean your machine properly. In fact clean it after every use to ensure hygienic environment condition in which the bread is to be baked.
This is how you can give your day a perfect start. Enjoy making bread with this recipe.