Have you recently bought a bread machine and have been thinking of making some deliciously light and mouthwatering bread? Or have you been thinking about getting back on the horse and live up your passion for bread baking? There is nothing more satisfying than the crisp on the top of the bread, its lightness, the sound it makes when you slice it apart and the feel of the texture of a well-baked piece of bread!
Bread is one food that is eaten in every home. I can’t imagine going long without some deliciously wholesome bread. Can you? Sure, we can always go to the market and buy it for ourselves. But where’s the fun in that? Nothing beats a well-baked loaf of bread that you make at home. So without further ado, grab your bread machines and the ingredients for your favorite kind of bread and get cracking!
Things you need
For this tasty and toasty recipe, you need a bread machine with the following ingredients.
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Water
- 13/4 cup (210 gm) Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tbsp. (20 gm) Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. (5 gm) Dry Milk Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. (3 gm) Salt
- 1 Tbsp. (14 gm) Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tsp. (3 gm) instant Yeast
- 20 gm Chia Seeds (toasted & cooled)
- 20 gm Sesame Seeds (toasted & cooled)
- Take the bread machine and put 3/4 cup (180 ml) water, 13/4 cup (210 gm) of whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoon sugar, 11/4 tablespoon (5 gm) dry milk powder, 1/2 teaspoon (3 gm) salt, 1 tablespoon (14 gm) unsalted butter and 1 teaspoon (3 gm) yeast in it.
- Press ‘Select Mode’ and click on ‘Regular’. Time it to 3:30 and opt for the ‘Light’ option for Crust Control. Press ‘Start’ and wait for the bread machine to work its magic. At 3:01 on the bread machine, click on the ‘Add’ option and add Chia 20 gm and Sesame 20 gm (toasted) while the machine is still kneading the bread.
- The bread machine would then rest it for 2 hours, proof it 3 times and then bake it for 40 minutes. Let it cool for about 15-20 minutes before slicing. Enjoy the moist, light and deliciously amazing Whole Wheat Bread with Chia Seeds & Sesame Seeds!
- The cup and teaspoon/tablespoon size in this is according to the measuring tools provided with this particular bread machine.
- While you are making the bread, pay close attention to the feel and texture of the bread and make adjustments in the flour accordingly. If the bread feels too dense, heavy or moist to you, add a bit more flour to it. And if you think the bread is too dry, reduce the amount of flour in it.
- The bread machine used in this video is a Zojirushi BBHAQ10/ BBHAC10 [HAQ 10 (for Asia), HAC 10 (for US)] by following the normal procedure for the ‘Regular’ setting.
- The final bread may differ depending on the routine of your bread machine.
- Rest: 20 minutes
- Kneading: 14 -19 minutes
- First Rising: 64 minutes
- Stir Down & Second Rising: 20 minutes
- Stir Down & Third Rising: 45- 50 minutes
- Baking: 37-50 minutes
Who says you can only have bread for breakfast? When the bread is so deliciously baked, it is hard to resist at any time of the day!